At Ori-Derm we endeavour to treat you with care, respect and professionalism and providing you with a safe, healthy and happy environment.
To give you a greater level of confidence, it is important to know your rights and entitlements. We have outlined a few guidelines to let you know what we require of you and what you should expect from us. These will help to ensure that you receive the best possible experience. If there is anything you need or any questions you would like answered, please do not hesitate to ask any member of staff, who are always more than happy to help.
Our commitment to you:
- To provide the information you need and require about a study, to allow you to make an informed decision on your participation.
- You can be assured that all your personal and medical information will be treated as strictly confidential.
- You are entitled to reasonable privacy during study visits.
- If you are unhappy with any aspect of your Ori-Derm experience, you are entitled to make a complaint. This complaint will be dealt with fairly and promptly and you will be informed of the outcome.
We ask you to:
- Provide us with accurate and complete information about any previous medical history, medications and facts that may affect your participation in studies. The more information we have, the better we will be able to assess your suitability to a study.
- Have consideration for your fellow Panellists and Ori-Derm staff.
- Let us know if you do not understand any aspect of the information we give you. We are always happy to explain our studies more clearly to you.
- Keep your study appointments or give reasonable notice if you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment.
- Comply with study and product instructions/restrictions as instructed by Ori-Derm staff.
- Avoid bringing children with you to the Ori-Derm facility or the Oriflame R&D Offices.